Weed Management – The Smart Way, let nature do the work for you!
Successful vegetable growing is aboutsuccessful weed control. If you do not keep the weeds in check, the vegetables will suffer, the farmer will suffer and the farm will follow.
You need the right tools to get the right outcome. ARK Weed Control Tarps, are UV-Stabilised with a 3-year UV guarantee, and are 100% waterproof for life. They have been tried and tested in gruelling outdoor conditions and have performed consistently and exceptionally well.
Why should I use ARK Weed Control Tarps?
Our Weed Control Tarps are black on one side and silver on the other. The black side absorbs the sunlight and creates the warm moist environment perfect for weed germination and results in better weed suppression and control as opposed to common black tarps or plastic sheets.
What makes our tarps better than just common black plastic is that our tarps are not opaque and allow for some light transference, which actually encourages weed seeds to germinate. When they germinate, they sprout into what is a fairly suffocating environment, void of air movement. Ultimately, the weeds die under the tarp and are consumed by worms and other organisms who enjoy the darkness.
Some things to consider.
Occultation cannot always kill perennial weeds, but it will generally weaken them, making removal with a shovel easier. Also consider that even though occultation will encourage earthworms and other organisms to consume plant matter, it will not rapidly break down large plant residue.
Remove as much crop residue, such as large roots and stems, as possible before applying the tarps.
In the heat of the summer, some take to flipping the tarps to their silver coloured side in hotter months so as not to harm the soil microbial life with excess heat.
Anytime you are not using an area of your farm or garden and leaving it exposed, i.e. not covered by a tarp, you are essentially leaving it susceptible to the elements. So, the winter rain will come in and wash away the top soil and erode the soil and its nutritious values. Hence it is important to keep any unused/uncropped area to be covered by a waterproof tarp in order to maintain its soil structure.
You want to preserve the tarp because you want to keep using them every season and use them at different intervals. In that sense, it is very important to protect the tarp by placing sand bags/ grow bags filled with rocks and gravel on top so when a harsh wind blows the tarp doesn’t tear or blow away. We don’t recommend using pegs to peg the tarp down or using staples of any sort because it doesn’t help in preserving the tarp and we would like our tarps to last you for multiple seasons.
Weed control tarps may come on a pallet/skid for delivery purposes.
Deliveries to some regional/country locations can only be delivered to a depot as per delivery company restrictions.
Tarp Weight Info
– Are your tarps completely waterproof? Yes! All our tarps and covers are completely waterproof! This has been tested through a laboratory in Australia and we are proud to confidently offer 100% waterproof products.
– How do your products stand against the sun? We are so confident on our product performance that we offer you a 3 Year Warranty against any UV degradation. Our products love the sun! and once again, we back our claims with testing. Our tarp and cover materials have been thoroughly tested against rapid UV degeneration and have outlasted and outperformed other common tarps/covers.
– Can I cut the tarp into a different size? Yes you can use just a scissors to cut your tarp into your desired size. Also, all our tarps are completely heat sealed, so there will be no fraying or peeling from the cut pieces.
– How do I find the right tarp for my application? We have a tarp finder that you can use to find the right tarp for you. Click here to access the tarp finder. We also provide you with a list of applications that each tarp is suitable for. You are also more than welcome to speak to one of our product experts on 03 8752 0294 or email us on email@example.com and we will be happy to help you out.
– How heavy are the tarps? We have a tarp weight info tab on each product page which contains both the weight and packed size of each tarp. You can find this under the Tarp Weight Info tab.
– How long does delivery take? This depends on where you are located, but check out the below estimates for a rough idea:
*The above days are a guide only. Actual delivery days may vary depending on dispatch times, carrier delays and public holidays.
– I need my product quite urgently; can I pay for express shipping? Yes, absolutely you can! Please contact us on 03 8752 0294 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we can calculate the express shipping price for you and help you process your order.
– Do you have a store I can come and pick up from? We have a warehouse located at 13 Atlantic Drive in Keysborough. You can come in person and purchase your products directly from our warehouse. We have card payment facilities available for you. Please note opening hours are between 10am – 5pm, Mon – Fri.
– Do you make custom sizes/colours? We can only make custom sizes/colours if you are planning to purchase a large quantity or if you are planning to purchase a large size. Get in touch with us through the contact us button and we can discuss this together.
– What payment options do you offer? We offer all types of payment options through our SSL Secured Checkout:
Visa, Mastercard or Amex
Google & Apple Pay
Direct EFT transfer (Please contact us)
– What are your return policies? We offer a 14 day money back guarantee! Please read more about our terms and conditions here.
– Do you offer wholesale pricing/drop shipping? We are always on the lookout for dealers and wholesalers! Please get in touch with us on email@example.com or on 03 8752 0294 and we can discuss it further.
– Where is ARK Tarps from? We are from Melbourne! ARK Tarps was established in 2016 and is part of the ARK Parts Group of companies which was established in 2005. We are an Australian family owned business and have been around for 18+ years, so we know a thing or two about providing the best quality products to our customers. Check out more information about us here.